Firstly: the Kindle sleeve in the above photo is available for sale in my Etsy shop. It's a one of a kind. So get on that. Back to the post:
Where were we when I last wrote about my quest to keep books in my life? Well. It took me months...months to finish Lord of the Flies. It should've taken, I don't know, a week or two but it took months because I just stopped reading it. I finally finished it a couple months ago and it was sad. Poor Piggy.
After that was Amy Poehler's Yes Please, which warrants its own post. It was great, and there are some really wonderful quotes in there that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. After that was A Separate Peace, I believe. When I read this in high school, I hated it. I remember it being a really difficult read, but maybe that was because my English teacher at the time dissected it to the nth degree. It was much easier the second time around.
Right now I'm in the middle of The Book Thief, and I'm enjoying it so far. However, I can feel my self slipping off the reading wagon again. I need to get back on. I also need to charge my Kindle.
What have you read lately? I'll add to my list!
Emily's Reading List:
*stars indicate I read it in school and didn't appreciate it/hated it the first time around.
East of Eden by John Steinbeck* To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee*
- Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck*
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (currently reading)
A Separate Peace by John Knowles* Lord of the Flies by William Golding*
- Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Til I Find You by John Irving
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
The Vacationers by Emma Straub
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- The Mockingbird Next Door: Life with Harper Lee by Marja Mills
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- Not that Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter